Summer his here, so make sure your workout has you looking your best. Check out three Beastly summer workouts from Team Beast to have you ready for summer and the beach. These summer workouts really give your legs, back and chest an incredible workout, too. Give them a try, push yourself and get the body you want with these "3 Beastly Summer Workouts."
Leg Day Like a Beast:
- Barbell Squats: Warm-up 1 set x 15-20 reps followed by 3 sets x 4-6 reps. If you need more than 1 warm-up set that is fine. Just be sure to not count any of them towards you working sets.
- Leg Press: 3-4 sets 8-12reps - Take a foot position that is shoulder width apart and don’t forget that your knees should not be going farther than your toes when coming into the concentric movement of the rep.
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets 12 reps on 1st, 10 reps on 2nd and 3rd set. Put your ego aside and remember that this exercise requires no swinging of the body and slamming of the weight. Explode on the way up and work to get full knee extension and contraction at the top portion and SLOWLY bring the weight back to the starting position. The eccentric is just as important as the concentric, if not MORE.
- Prone Position Hamstring Curls: 3 sets 15 reps on 1st set, 12reps on 2nd, 10 reps on 3rd - Keep your upper-torso down when performing the rep. People tend to bend up and rock their body as if they were a banana boat or something! Form and execution is what will benefit you more than any amount of weight.
- Walking Lunges (Barbell or Dumbbell): 4 sets x 30 steps - Your legs will be a shaky jello mess by this point. Take a few practice lunges to get your body ready for the movement that’s about to come. When choosing a weight feel free to start off lighter and work your way up once your legs have gotten situated to the exercise.
Back Day Like A Beast:
- Pull-Ups with Reverse Grip (Assisted Pull-Ups if needed): 3 sets x 8-15 reps - Do not swing your body during the upward phase to raise your body.
- Pull-Ups traditional Grip (Assisted if needed): 3 sets x 8-12 reps - Hand placement is just outside shoulder width. Make sure you don’t go too wide or you can lose focus on form.
- Seated Neutral Grip Cable Rows: 3-4sets x 8-12 reps - Your back must remain straight at all times. Keep your torso still throughout the entire set.
- Back Extension (Machine or Bodyweight/Plate): 3 sets x 15-30 reps - Focus on form and make sure your spine forms a straight line from your tailbone to your neck.
Chest Day Like A Beast:
- Dumbbell Incline Press: 3-4 sets x 6-8 reps - Be sure to keep full control of the dumbbells at all times. When performing the rep breathe out and push the dumbbells up with your chest.
- Dumbbell Incline Flyes: 3 sets x 8-10 reps superset with 10-15 push-ups - Make sure to have a slight elbow bend when performing the flyes, but not so much that you end up using triceps more than chest.
- Decline Press (Hammer strength) 3 sets x 10-12 reps - When using Hammer Strength machines, take the opportunity to really focus on that chest contraction. Also be sure not to let the weight slam when you bring it back down to the starting position.
- Pectoral Flyes (On Machine Pec Deck): 3 x 15-30 reps - Slight bend in elbows but never to 90 degrees. Be sure to open up that chest and allow it to get a good stretch.