Tabitha's Simple Protein Pancakes
Posted by Tabitha Klausen on
I've posted about pancakes before, but this recipe is lighter and healthier for everyday enjoyment. The great thing about these is that you can spice these up however you would like, literally. Make them sweet and add chopped fruit, low-calorie syrup, and a tiny bit of whipped cream. You can also make them savory and add turkey-bacon bits, chives, and low-calorie cheese(s). The combinations are endless. I have these 2-3 times each week, with a serving of fruit and a big cup of coffee. Chock full of protein, these definitely hit the spot and fuel me for my day ahead. Simple Protein Pancakes Ingredients:
- 1 Large Banana
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Scoop Beast Whey Vanilla Protein
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon (if making them sweet)
- Mash banana well in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well - you don't want big chunks of banana.
- Heat skillet or frying pan on the stove to medium heat, and once heated, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the pan. They will cook fast, so be careful and make sure they don’t burn.
- Cook each side for about 30-40 seconds.
- Top with low-calorie syrup and your favorite fruit (I use raspberries).