A topic that keeps being brought to my attention is of course dieting and nutrition. When friends, mutual friends, family, or other people find out that I work with people's nutrition for their competitions, health, goals, weight loss, etc. I get asked some off the wall stuff. Some of it is usually too broad to answer and other stuff just makes me laugh because i don't know if they're serious. Here are some fun things I've heard just recently:
1) "Hey, soo like i wanna lose a lot weight, but I don't wanna get ripped too fast. Is that possible to do?"
2) "Do you think I could lose 20lbs by the end of the month?" (it was like the 24th of the month)
3) "Wow! You're lean, what do you eat all day?"
4) "Dude, how many times a day should I eat if I sleep in?"
5) "People are dumb, I lost 6lbs in the sauna. So easy to burn fat!"
And my personal favorite was:
5) "Oh you do diet plans? Do you charge less for people that don't eat as much?"
No exaggeration. No lie. These are exact quotes from people in the last month. While some of them may sound funny or absolutely ridiculous, they really are what makes my job all that much more fun.
Here's another quote, "If you're having fun, it's not work"- someone said that but i forgot who. I like it though.Stephen Obar (@OBARmuscle) is a writer for various fitness publications, a personal trainer, diet coach and a cancer survivor. Stephen currently spends his time hitting the weights as well as continuing to soak up all he can on the newest and latest bodybuilding and nutrition studies and news. When he is 'relaxing', you can find him in the kitchen, and overseeing his little brother's nutrition and training as he is a sponsored Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu athlete.