Countdown to Olympia...did you know?
Posted by Connie K on
How well do you think you know facts about Mr. Olympia? Here are some fun facts for you:
- Mr. Olympia has been staged 21 times in the month of September, 16 times in the month of October and three times in November.
- The first nine Mr. Olympia from 1965 to 1973 averaged only 3-4 competitors per contest. Number of contestants in the Mr. Olympia were 1965 (3), 1966 (4), 1967 (4), 1968 (1), 1969 (3), 1970 (3), 1971 (1), 1972 (5), 1973 (3).
- In 1974 to 1979, the Mr. Olympia had two classes, over 200, and under 200. The average number of contestants during these years climbed to 9-10 per contest.
- During 1980-1983, it averaged 16 competitors per contest.
- The youngest Mr. Olympia competitor was Harold Pool in 1965; he was 21 years old.
- The oldest competitor was Albert Beckles in 1991; he was 53 years old.
- The youngest Mr. Olympia winner was Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1970; he was 23 years old.
- Overseas, the Mr. Olympia has been staged in Paris, France; Essen, Germany; Pretoria, South Africa; Syndey, Australia; London, England; Munich, Germany; Brussels, Belgium; Goteborg, Sweden; Rimini, Italy; and Helsinki, Finland.
Want to learn more fun facts? then keep checking during the week for more trivia and don't forget to enter our Mr. Olympia Contest Promotion. Many chances to enter but only one winner will be selected.
Don't forget to Get BIG, Be STRONG, Keep FIT and Stay HEALTHY.