It’s been a while since you’ve been in the gym, and it's hard being the new guy (or girl). Maybe it’s even been a couple years, but for one reason or another you haven’t been able to workout for some time and as part of your New Year’s resolutions you’ve decided to get back into the gym. First of all, congratulations, I wish you the best of luck with your goals this year. Before you head back into the gym, I’d like to share a couple quick “gym etiquette” tips I think are important to brush up on. These may seem like common sense to some, but even regulars forget some of these little tips.
- Refresh your knowledge on the proper lifting form
- Wipe off the equipment when you are finished
- Check the rules and time limits on the cardio equipment
- Leave your ego at home
- Try not to hog the machines
- It’s best to not bother others in the middle of their lift
- Most importantly, don’t be afraid to ask for help and enjoy your lift!