By: Sean Sarantos
I just finished what might have been one of the most brutal shoulder workouts I have ever done. If you try this, keep in mind that it is not for the faint of heart! Bring it down to 3 sets if you are somewhat new to the game and also be safe with how much weight you do, since shoulders are very susceptible to injuries! This took me about an 90 minutes to finish with a partner, and we weren’t lolly gaggin either! Good luck and God speed to those who try this! Just remember, to be a BEAST you gotta be willing to train like a BEAST!
Machine shoulder press 4x20 warmup
* all the following are supersets, no rest during the superset other than to switch weights or dumbbells (60 seconds between supersets)
1) Arnold dumbbell press 4x8-10 (heavy) superset dumbbell front raise 4x10 (heavy)
2) Seated dumbbell side lateral raises (constant tension here, u don't go all the way down or up, go almost to dumbbells are height of shoulder, lower to 1/4 from bottom and back up) 4x20 superset rear delt dumbbell flies same philosophy, pause and squeeze at top, 3 second eccentric)
3)Using rope attached to low pulley, grab between legs but grab so thumbs are facing down. Upside down grip. Do front raise this way really hitting outer portion of front delt 4x12 superset single arm cable side lateral 4x12 pause at top.
4) Rear delt cable flies 4x20 superset upright rows from low cable 4x20 superset single arm rear delt fly (bent-over) 4x10 focus on squeeze
5) Smith machine super wide grip shrug 12/10/8/6 superset dumbbell shrugs 4x15 (2 second squeeze at top of every rep)
6) Strait bar shrug shoulder grip 4x12 superset upright rows 4x20
7) Smith machine shoulder press 4x25 (60 seconds between each set, pick a weight you can do for all sets)
TIPS: Like I said in the beginning, PLEASE BE SAFE AND SMART when choosing the weight you are going to use. As with any workout, you must learn to leave your ego at the door. Once you have this mindset workouts, goals, and overall challenges in the gym will be that much easier to tackle! Play around with different weight. We want each exercise to be challenging till the last rep. If you find yourself being able to complete all the reps with ease, then it’s time to increase the resistance. If you are failing out with more than 3 reps to go, either grab a spotter or decrease the weight. Have fun, be safe, and TRAIN LIKE A BEAST!