Well, it’s National Pancake Day, so let’s deliver something great! Luckily, we don’t have to look far, as the Macro-Chef has put together an awesome Maple Ginger Pear Protein Pancake recipe made with Beast Protein.
These have all the fluffiness of a regular pancake, but with added protein for an even healthier alternative. As always, they taste delicious, making it the perfect option on National Pancake Day!
- ¼ cup oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 scoop Beast Sports vanilla protein powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ginger (less if you want a less prominent taste)
- One tbsp. granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 6 tbsp. milk (any milk is fine)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. maple extract (more or less to taste)
- coconut oil
- ½ large pear
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- cinnamon to taste
- Preheat pan or griddle to medium/high heat. In a bowl, mix together flour, protein powder, cinnamon, ginger, sweetener and baking powder, also adding one egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract. Stir until it is all combined.
- In a separate bowl, add three egg whites, and whisk with a hand mixer until stiff peaks. Then, add egg whites to pancake batter.
- Spoon batter evenly onto preheated griddle to make about 6 medium sized pancakes. Cook for a few minutes or until the middles of the pancakes start to bubble then flip, cooking for an additional few minutes on the other side.
- Heat coconut oil in a small pan, and slice pear into chunks. Add pear to pan and sauté for a couple minutes, and then add dd maple syrup and cinnamon, cooking until pears are soft.
- Top pancakes with cooked pears and remaining maple syrup, adding a few walnuts if desired. Enjoy!